Back

ⓘ Blog | Agricultural schools - agriculture in society ..




                                               

Booker Washington Institute

The Booker Washington Institute is a public, post-secondary school in Kakata, Margibi County, Liberia. Founded in 1929 as the Booker Washington Agricultural and Industrial Institute, it was the countrys first agricultural and vocational school. BWI was founded with assistance from Americans and is named after American educator Booker T. Washington. Located east of the countrys capital of Monrovia, the school sits on a large rural campus and has about 1.800 students.

                                               

Briarcliff Farms

Briarcliff Farms was a farm established in 1890 by Walter William Law in Briarcliff Manor, a village in Westchester County, New York. One of several enterprises established by Law at the turn of the 20th century, the farm was known for its milk, butter, and cream and also produced other dairy products, American Beauty roses, bottled water, and print media. At its height, the farm was one of the largest dairy operations in the Northeastern United States, operating about 8.000 acres with over 1.000 Jersey cattle. In 1907, the farm moved to Pine Plains in New Yorks Dutchess County, and it was purchased by New York banker Oakleigh Thorne in 1918, who developed it into an Angus cattle farm. After Thornes death in 1948, the farm changed hands several times; in 1968 it became Stockbriar Farm, a beef feeding operation. Stockbriar sold the farmland to its current owners in 1979. The farm combined a practical American business model with the concept of a European country seat or manor, with cows being milked constantly, and with milk promptly chilled and bottled within five minutes, and shipped to stores in New York City each night. The farm was progressive, with sterile conditions, numerous employee benefits, good living conditions for livestock, and regular veterinary inspections to maintain a healthy herd. The farm also made use of tenant farming, established working blacksmith, wheelwright, and harness shops on-site, was located around Walter Laws manor house, and constructed numerous buildings in the Tudor Revival architectural style. Briarcliff Farms was the original location for the School of Practical Agriculture and Horticulture, established by the New York State Committee for the Promotion of Agriculture in conjunction with Walter Law. The schools purpose was to teach students in farming, gardening, poultry-keeping, and other agriculture-related skills. The school moved to a farm near Poughkeepsie in 1903, and the school building was run as a hotel for two years until it became Miss Knoxs School. After the building burned down in 1912, Miss Knoxs School was relocated several times; since 1954, the Knox School has been located in St. James, New York.

                                               

Bukalasa Agricultural Training Institute

Bukalasa Agricultural Training Centre, also Bukalasa Agricultural College, is a public vocational training institute operated and administered by the Uganda Ministry of Education and Sports.

                                               

Chilocco Indian Agricultural School

Chilocco Indian School was an agricultural school for Native Americans on reserved land in north-central Oklahoma from 1884 to 1980. It was approximately 20 miles north of Ponca City, Oklahoma and seven miles north of Newkirk, Oklahoma, near the Kansas border. The name "Chilocco" is apparently derived from a Muscogee word meaning "big deer" or horse. In 1912 the Oklahoma Supreme Court heard a case over an election dispute involving whisky and whether the Chilocco reservation was part of Kay County and Oklahoma or "Indian Territory". The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that school land was not an Indian Reservation, that the school was an off-reservation entity, and that the word reservation had various meanings and the area was not reserved as Indian territory.

                                               

Coahoma Early College High School

Coahoma Early College High School, formerly Coahoma Agricultural High School, is a public secondary school in unincorporated Coahoma County, Mississippi, with a Clarksdale postal address. The school is designated as a part of the Coahoma Agricultural High School District, and operated by Coahoma Community College. Previously it was, as of 2000, one of three independently functioning agricultural high schools in the state of Mississippi. The school has its own facilities, instructional and administrative personnel, and student programs. It shares library facilities with the college. When it was still CAHS, the school operated the Coahoma Early College High School program. On July 1, 2018, the original Coahoma County Agricultural High School was dissolved, with the Coahoma Early College High School taking its place.

                                               

Concho Indian Boarding School

Concho Indian Boarding School was a boarding school for members of the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes and later opened to other Native American students. It existed from 1909 to 1983. It was located in central Oklahoma, approximately 1 mile south of Concho, Oklahoma and 4 miles north of El Reno, Oklahoma. The name of the town and school is the Spanish word for "shell" and was named for the Indian agent, Charles E. Shell.

                                               

Ecole nationale superieure d'agronomie et des industries alimentaires

The Ecole Nationale Superieure dAgronomie et des Industries Alimentaires is a French engineering school located in Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy near Nancy in the Meurthe-et-Moselle departement that specialises in biological and agricultural engineering. Students can enroll in school in different ways, but the most common is the two-year preparatory class.

Users also searched:

...